Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Specialized Roubaix....Christmas is just around the corner....



Looking for a last minute gift and have $5,000 to spare? If you do, this may be the bike for you. For reasons explained here, I think that most bike reviews are a waste of time. The exception to the rule seems to be Red Kite Prayer, who's Padraig has more experience and gives more thouught to reviews than I've read anywhere else. He's also given a lot of thought to the scoring process:
I’ll be scoring bikes on a 100-point system. It will take into account every facet of the bike: price, design, effectiveness for given consumer, parts spec, fit considerations, handling, weight, stiffness, road feel and even availability, the idea being a $2000 bike has the same chance of scoring 100 points as a $10,000 bike if it accomplishes its consumer-oriented goals.

I'll admit that I've never been a fan of specialized, but a score of 98/100 and the final comments of,
In a world dominated by bikes made for American crit racing, the Roubaix is one of the most intelligently designed bikes I’ve ever ridden. Easily one of my all-time favorite bikes.

I may have to reconsider.

Click here to read the full review, or talk to Chelsea to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment